Not much visible changes have taken place since we joined the shell: We made a couple of reinforcements, which is not really worth mentioning in detail… No visible progress does not imply that nothing happend. Many things around Schneewittchen took place. We’ve been preparing and planing the pattern of the cabin. As for the center section, we will use the pattern to make a mold. The material should be delivered soon and we are finding out how and where to produce the necessary templates for hot wire cutting. Three days ago I got a special high temperature infusionable epoxy resin: EPIKOTE RIMR 935 (Hexion). We will need it to make a tool for production of the clear canopy.
Anyway, the last week felt like beeing back in engineering school: I had to revise my calculation of the structure. Sweep back makes everything much more complicated… This book on aeroelasticity by Bisplinghoff et al. has been my best friend—and my worst enemy at the same time—the last couple of days:
The good news is that my calculations on bending and torsional moments turned out to be alright!